TERMS & CONDITIONS
Warsaw Modeling Festival
• IPMS Warsaw
• Quasi Warsaw Cardboardholics Anonymous Club
• Ursynów District Office
• The Ursynów District Cultural Center
-THE GENERAL STAFF OF THE POLISH ARMED FORCES
– NATIONAL MUSEUM OF TECHNOLOGY in Warsaw
Arena Ursynów Hall
rtm Pileckiego Street 22,
4. TYPES OF COMPETITIONS
As part of the event, there will be 3 independent modeling competitions:
• Syrenia Łuska (Mermaid’s Scale) Competition – evaluation of models according to the predetrmined score, based on the documentation provided with the models
• Plastic Models Festival
• Cardboard Models Festival
All competitions are open and can be attended by individual modelers, as well as club members. As part of the event, the Mayor of the Ursynów District will award ten most interesting works presented at the Festival with a Ursynowski Niedźwiedź Prize (Ursynow’s Bear Prize) basing on the subjective evaluation system, i.e. „we liked the most”
5. PURPOSE OF THE EVENT
• Popularization of scale modeling as a form of developing technical and historical interests among children, youth and adults.
• Promotion of scale modeling as an interesting form of spending free time and the way of local social groups activization.
6. AGE CATEGORIES
Youngsters: born in 2007 and later
Juniors: born from 2002 through 2006
Adults: born in 2001 and earlier
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS
• The festival is combined with an exhibition for visitors
• Models can only be registered via the Internet
• The requirement for participation is to register model via application form on the internet before 24:00 (12:00 AM) on 6.06.2019.
• A model registered in the wrong category will not be evaluated
• The organizers do not charge a starting fee
• The organizers do not enter models in any of the competitions
• In case of doubts as to the authorship of the model, the Judging Commission may interview the exhibitor or modeler to confirm the authorship.
• Youngster or Junior can apply on special request to the Adult classes and will be then treated as an Adult with all the consequences.
• If small number of models will be registered in a class, the organizers reserve the right to combine classes.
• The organizers will do their best to protect models, but they do not bear formal, legal or/and financial responsibility for any damaged or missing models during the event.
• Selecting a special category does not exclude the model from the festival and competition classes
• Models that are not attached to the base or stand should be clearly marked with the words „Model not attached to the stand” in Polish language – „Model nie przytwierdzony do podstawki”.
• Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be protested. ANY QUESTIONING OF JUDGES’ DECISION WILL RESULT IN THE REMOVAL OF THE COMPETITOR FROM THE COMPETITION SCORE TABLE.
• Judges who withhold information about entering own models for evaluation in the classes they judge, will be disqualified from the competition and removed from the jury.
• THE ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT (optionally) TO NOT ACCEPT AN APPLICATION FROM A PERSON RECOGNIZED IN THE COMMUNITY AS A BRAWLER
• Models awarded in previous WFM editions cannot be issued for re-evaluation.
• Prizes not collected at the ceremony will not be sent to the competition participants.
8. RULES FOR MODELS EVALUATION AT THE FESTIVAL
• Documentation is not required but very welcome
• The number of awarded models in a given class depends on their quality level.
• It’s also possible that no model in the class deserves recognition
• Model evaluation will utilize a „stamp” system adopted from our friends at the Wrocław Model Show.
9. STATUTORY PRIZES (“Best of…”)
The best aviation model – plastic and cardboard
The best military vehicle – plastic and cardboard
The best civilian vehicle – plastic and cardboard
The best ship – plastic and cardboard
The best figure – plastic (incl. resin)
The best diorama – plastic
Best building – cardboard
Best “out of this world” model – plastic
Best unconventional cardboard model – cardboard
GRAND PRIX – the best BABARYBA Festival model
10. SPECIAL PRIZES
In addition to statutory prizes, special prices will be awarded. The criteria for each prize will be established by the prize sponsor. Special prizes will be announced as they are defined by sposnors.
11. EVENT PROGRAM
Framework program of the event is shown below. Special events (presentations, speeches etc.) will be announced by Organizers on the Festival website and Facebook profile.
SATURDAY, June 8th, 2019
8:00 -13:00 setup of models
10:00 -18:00 exhibition open for visitors
15:00 Judge briefing and model evaluation
09:00 -18:00 „modelers to modelers” marketplace
10.00 -18:00 model marketplace
SUNDAY, June 9th, 2019
9:00 -12:00 exhibition open for visitors
15:00 award ceremony and official closure of the event
09:00 -13:00 „modelers to modelers” marketplace
09:00 -15:00 model marketplace
12. MODEL MARKETPLACE
Model marketplace will take place on Saturday from 10.00 (10 AM) to 18:00 (6 PM) and on Sunday from 9:00 (9 AM) to 14:00 (2 PM). The number of trade stands is limited – they are assigned according to the order of registration.
!!! THE SALE OF COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. VIOLATORS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT !!!
13. ”MODELERS TO MODELERS” MARKETPLACE
„Modelers to modelers” marketplace will take place on Saturday from 9.00 (9 AM) to 18:00 (6 PM) and on Sunday from 9:00 (9 AM) to 13:00 (1 PM). The payment for sold kits as well as unsold kits should be collected until 13.00 (1 AM) on Sunday.
14. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Official Festival website: http://warszawskifestiwalmodelarski.pl
Festival office e-mail: email@example.com
Facebook (updates, news, informal matters):
- Weapons and technology of Polish Armed Forces 1940-1945
- Warsaw Uprising 44 – all models and figures related to Warsaw Uprising 1944.
- The Best Rag (Najlepsza Szmata) – for the best „rag” on the model (one that doesn’t obviously cover modeler’s mistakes).
- Vintage – Model of any scale or subject, built from a kit that was first released before 1985.
If you decide to enter the model into the Special Category, please mark it on a registration form in addition to a regular category.
PLASTIC MODEL CLASSES
ML: aircraft models (all scales)
MP: military vehicle models (all scales)
MPC: civilian vehicle models (all scales)
MO: ship models (all scales)
MD: dioramas (all scales)
MF: figures (all scales)
JL: aircraft models (all scales)
JP: military vehicle models (all scales)
JPC: civilian vehicle models (all scales)
JO: ship models (all scales)
JD: dioramas (all scales)
JF: figures (all scales)
SC144 – 1/144, civilian
SW144 – 1/144, military
SO72– 1/72, jets
SŚ72 – 1/72, propeller planes
SO48 – 1/48, jets
SŚ48– 1/48, propeller planes
SO32 – 1/35 and larger, jets
SŚ32 – 1/35 and larger, propeller planes
H72 – helicopter, 1/72 and smaller
H48 – helicopters, 1/48,
H32 – helicopters, 1/35-1/32
LPZP – aircraft models out of the box (documentation= kit instructions)
JAJA – „egg plane” and other weird style models
PG72 – 1/72 and smaller, tracked, before (up to) 1945
PGM72 – 1/72 and smaller, tracked, after 1945
PK72 – 1/72 and smaller, wheeled and semitracked, before (up to) 1945
PKM72 – 1/72 and smaller, wheeled and semitracked, after 1945
PG48 – 1/48, tracked
PK48 – 1/48, wheeled and semitracked
PG35 – 1/35 and larger, tracked, before (up to) 1945
PGM35 – 1/35 and larger, tracked, after 1945
PK35 – 1/35 and larger, wheeled and semitracked, before (up to) 1945
PKM35 – 1/35 and larger, wheeled and semitracked, after 1945
AM – artillery, 1/72 and smaller,
AD – artillery, 1/48 and larger,
DS – aircraft, all scales
DL – ground, all scales
DM – naval, all scales
DI – other
SHIPS AND BOATS
OPM – submarines, 1:200 and smaller
OPD – submarines, 1:199 and larger
ONM – surface ships, 1:700 and smaller
ONŚ – surface ships, from 1:699 to 1:200
OND – surface ships, 1:199 and larger
CC – trucks and technical (i.e. construction) vehicles, all scales
CO – cars, all scales
CS – sport cars, all scales
CM – motorcycles, bikes, all scales
FHMdo1914 – historical, 54 mm and smaller, before (up to) 1914
FHMpo1914 – historical, 54 mm and smaller, after 1914
FHDdo1914 – historical, larger than 54 mm, before (up to) 1914
FHDpo1914 – historical, larger than 54 mm, after 1914
FHP – historical busts
K – minimum 5 models related thematically (all scales)
OUT OF THIS WORLD
N – Sci-Fi vehicles (all scales)
NFm – Sci-Fi and Fantasy figures, 54mm and smaller
NFd – Sci-Fi and Fantasy figures, above 54 mm plus busts
W – everything you would like to show outside of the competition
Competition categories (cardboard without scale separation)
KO – ships and boats (full hull)
KOLW – waterline ships and boats
KOP – submarines
KŻ – tall ships
KS1 – propeller airplanes before (up to) 1930
KS2 – propeller airplanes after 1930
KS3 – jet airplanes
KS4 – helicopters, gliders, airships
KPK – wheeled military vehicles
KPG – tracked military vehicles
KPS – rail vehicles
KA – artillery
KPC – civilian vehicles
KR – rockets, spaceships, Sci-Fi
KF – figures, animals
KB – buildings / structures
KI – other
Competition categories (cardboard without scale separation)
JKO – ships and boats
JKOP – submarines
JKŻ – tall ships
JKS1 – propeller airplanes before (up to) 1930
JKS2 – propeller airplanes after 1930
JKS3 – jet airplanes
JKS4 – helicopters, gliders, airships
JKPK – military wheeled vehicles
JKPG – military tracked vehicles
JKPS – rail vehicles
JKA – artillery
JKPC – civilian vehicles
JKR – rockets, spaceships, Sci-Fi
JKF – figures, animals
JKB – building / structures
JKI – other
MKS – aviation (airplnes, helicopters, balloons, etc.)
MKP – civilian and military vehicles
MKO – ships, boats, tall ships
MKI – other (figures, animals, buildings, dioramas etc.)